Home working and Holidays

PCA Daily News

Are you working from Home?

Most of us who worked from home before the pandemic know that you can claim tax back on expenses relating to use of home as an office.

This may now be extended to people who have been required by their employer to work from home.

If you are one of these people and you’ve had increased costs, eg, heating and electricity, you’re entitled to claim something back.

This can either be tax-free extra cash from your employer or, if it not, a tax break. You don’t need receipts for expenses of up to £6/wk.

And what about your booked holiday?

If you have a holiday booked – DON’T CANCEL it, wait until the travel company does so and then you are due a refund.

If you choose to cancel that is a ‘disinclination to travel’ and you aren’t entitled to money back from the firm or your insurer.

Our volunteer run advice team work hard researching up to date advice for our community.

If you have any questions maybe they can help point you in the right direction.

We are here to help our community through this pandemic.

You can email at advice@ourpca.uk or phone us on 01672 487022

StaySafe #togethermighty #pcca